Apparently, even though I don't do the greatest job at updating regularly it still has a few regular readers. Thank-you to all of you who stick around.
Part of the requirements for accepting the award is answering a list of questions she created.
1. What is the funniest thing that ever happened to you?
Most of the time the funny part applies later instead of while it's happening. Take for example a few things I shared on my blog. Privacy Invaded and Pathetic.
2. What is your dream job and why?
I'm blessed to be able to do my dream job. Being wife and a stay at home, homeschooling mother has made my dreams come true.
3. What is your favorite movie and why?
The Princess Diary. Mostly because it's one that my daughters really enjoy, but the story and great acting is also a plus.
4. Would you rather be as tall as you are wide, or as wide as you are tall? Why?
There's no way I would want to be as wide as I'm tall. I wouldn't be able to do anything or go anywhere if that were the case. Being as tall as I'm wide, now that could be fun if I wanted to play hide and seek, but quite horrifying if a dog came after me.
5. Have you ever been on a real adventure? If so, what happened?
I was lost in the woods, once upon a time. I suppose that qualifies as an adventure even though it wasn't an enjoyable one.
6. Olives or mushrooms?
7. What is your favorite scent?
I always love the air after a nice rain.
8. If you could have your dream vacation where would it be, and why?
My dream vacation would be taking six weeks to explore the western states. Seeing the well known places as well as the more hidden gems.
9. Gloves or mittens? Why?
Gloves, because I like being able to move my fingers freely. I never did enjoy the trapped, almost claustrophobic feeling involved with wearing mittens as a child.
10. What is your favorite season and why?
Winter. I love the scenery when everything is covered in a blanket of white. I like that there's no humidity. The coziness of home, and all the winter projects I get to enjoy.
11. Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
I don't know. I'm too focused on my own life and the lives of my family that I really don't have time to focus on having a favorite celebrity.
Stage two ..... I'm supposed to share 11 random facts about me.
1. I'm a morning person, and a night owl. I'm always ready to start my day really early, and at the same time I'm never ready to go to bed at night.
2. I enjoy taking pictures.
3. I don't like soda, of any kind. I would much rather drink water.
4. I have a hard time remembering my nieces and nephews birthdays.
5. I enjoy cooking and baking.
6. I once won a recipe contest.
7. I love homeschooling our children.
8. I'm somewhat of an introvert. I have no problem talking if it's one on one, but am often quiet and more reserved in group settings.
9. I value friendships.
10. I quite often find myself doing things that aren't really up my alley, because it's something my children are interested in.
11. I can read really fast.
(These are the rules you need to follow for accepting the Liebster Award.)
- Thank the person that nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post. ~ Check!
- Display the award on your blog - by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a "Widget" or a "Gadget." ~ Check!
- Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided by the person that nominated you. ~ Check!
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself. ~ Check!
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, that have less than 1,000 followers. Coming up.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for the nominees to answer. Coming up.
A Fly on Our (Chicken Coop) Wall
Pines Upon the Hilltop
Life & Faith in Caneyhead
Liberty or Death
The Simple Life of a Queen
Here are the questions to answer if you accept the award.
1. If you could have chosen your own name, would it be the same one you have?
2. What is your favorite song?
3. Can you play any musical instruments? What?
4. Do you have a favorite go to recipe for busy days?
5. Would you hang windchimes on your porch?
6. What is your favorite flower?
7. What is your idea of a perfect weekend?
8. Have you ever watched The Hobbit?
9. Do you go to see movies or wait until they're on TV?
10. Do you enjoy sports?
11. What's your favorite outdoor activity?