Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Mystery of ....

.... the creepy light bulb.

     The children had already made their way upstairs to bed, while Mr. Pepper and I enjoyed a few minutes watching something on TV yet before we also retired for the night. I can't even remember what it was right now, which kind of proves how worthless TV really is, but I digress.
      Before heading to bed I checked the laundry room and just as I came to the end of the hallway before turning into the laundry room the light turned on. There was no one there!!
     Things like that aren't supposed to happen, especially not in our little farm house.
      I tried to remain calm and walked back to the living room where Mr. Pepper was still relaxing on the couch. He looked up as I entered and immediately saw there was something amiss by the expression on my face.
       "I'm just a little freaked," I admitted and proceeded to tell him what had happened.
        He very sweetly, didn't laugh at my paranoia. Instead he took my hand and together we walked down the hall to the laundry room with the light shining brightly at us.
         Just as we got to the end of the hallway, it flickered off. In the next instant I tore my hand from Mr. Pepper's clasp and flew back to the living room. I'm not in great shape at all, in fact most days the very thought of exercise is exercise enough for me. You'd never have guessed that though as I dashed down the hallway at a speed rivaling that of an Olympic sprinter.
        Mr. Pepper stayed there quite unruffled and discovered the light bulb had not been screwed into the socket tightly enough and somehow the weight of someone walking on our creaky old floor had messed with it's connection.
        I'm happy to report that the mystery of the creepy light bulb was easily solved, and there is nothing weird going on in our house. And I'm once again moving at normal, ladylike speeds throughout the house.

4 comments:

  1. You made me smile. I would have run too. And I agree, there isn't much worth watching on TV which is why I spend a lot of time watching knitting/crochet podcasts.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those light bulb issues are tricky! Ryder was helping at his uncle's house two weeks ago. The ceiling fan light flicked on and off several times. MB said the wiring was faulty and that fan needed returned! Ryder said let me look at it first. He screwed the bulb back in to make a good connection! Apparently while the fan was running it wiggled the bulb loose! LOL Those silly light bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh! Your light bulb story had me laughing. Glad everything is ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say it was loose or he had put in one of those lights that turns out when someone walks by (as a surprise!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.