Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Roller Coaster

     Life has been a roller coaster since my last post where I shared how my brother is struggling with addiction, a lot has happened, and yet nothing has changed.
     Seven hours after I posted, my brother called. He said he simply can't continue down the road he is on and wanted to seek help. I was thrilled. After all this time of praying, hoping, and hurting for him, this was a huge answer to prayer.
      He was convinced he can drive himself to the place he had chosen to rehab for the next six months, and thus began the most time consuming trek since the days of the covered wagon. For quite a while we lost all contact with him, but he finally arrived at his destination and got settled in on Thursday.
     Saturday afternoon the phone rang, and it was my brother. Somehow he had managed to get away. Withdrawal had hit hard, and he had been left unsupervised for a little bit, and that was all it took.
     That's the last we have heard from him. As it is right now, no one knows where he is. This sister's heart is hurting so bad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heart breaks for you. My prayers are with you and your family as you deal with this latest thing. I'll also be praying specifically for your brother.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.