Monday, November 16, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today...  November 16, 2015

Outside my window... the sun is shining brightly and the heavy cover of frost we received last night is beginning to melt and fade away.

I am thinking... that today looks like a perfect day to wash all the windows on the outside before winter arrives. Who wants dirty windows until spring? Not me.

I am thankful... that the children seem much better this morning. The youngest two had been sick since Thursday.

I am wearing... my favorite charcoal skirt, and a gray T-shirt that I won thanks to a competition I had entered for The Great American Bible Challenge. Their logo is very prominent across the front of the shirt.

I am creating... some potholders to replace the worn out ones I have been hanging onto. Actually I think this will be more of a teaching moment as I plan to have our youngest daughter make them. She is learning to sew and these should be an easy project to practice her skills.

I am going... to a fruit market and then the post office. I have a package to mail to a dear friend for her birthday. I'm already running a few days late for that, but hopefully she won't mind too much.

I am wondering... what the weather will be like for Thanksgiving next week.

I am reading... I was doing a Bible study with my sister-in-law on tempting God after she brought up the question wondering exactly what that is since we're not supposed to tempt Him. The study was quite eye opening and convicting.
 
Other than the Bible I have not been reading anything this past week besides school materials and recipe books.

I am hoping... to get started on Christmas gifts soon.

I am learning... to let go.
 
In my kitchen... I have some fruit that I'm candying to make a fruitcake later.
 
A favorite quote for today... Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day. - Henri Nouwen
 
One of my favorite things... Seeing splashes of color and beauty in the middle of what otherwise is a drab landscape.
 
 
 
You too can join the weekly Daybook linkup here.

2 comments:

  1. It is a perfect day to wash the windows outside! Maybe I should get away from this computer and do just that. I am visiting from the link. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your kiddies are feeling better. Theres nothing worse than when you children dont feel well.
    I must be honest...the only thing Ive had to read recently is my bible...but thats not a bad thing is it
    Im with you with seeing splashes of colour...it really brightens my day
    Thank you for sharing your answers and have a great week
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.