Monday, October 26, 2015

Who Needs Fancy Cars?

"What's a Lamborghini?" our oldest daughter asked. She had been reading a book and somehow a Lamborghini had been mentioned in it.

"It's a fancy car," I told her.

End of conversation. She went back to reading and I went on with what ever I had been doing.

As we started on our way to church yesterday morning Mr. Pepper tried cleaning the back window of our 13 year old Honda mini-van. It was caked with dust from driving on a dirt road all week. Instead of the usual spray of water and some vigorous swiping of the little windshield wiper, all that happened was a small trickle of water ran down over the window and the wiper feebly tried to swipe at it but got stuck in the upright position.

Mr. Pepper pulled off the side of the road and went back to put the wiper down in its resting position. Getting back in we drove several yards and the wiper again swiped upward and got stuck. After the third time of stopping and putting the wiper back down he gave up and we continued on our way a little faster than usual.

From the back seat, our daughter was feeling amused at what had just happened. "Who needs a Lamborghini when you have a van like this?" she asked.

Somehow that tickled all of our funny bones.

But so true, I would much rather have my trusty little mini-van with its stubborn malfunctioning rear windshield wiper than an overpriced, impractical car.

4 comments:

  1. Your daughter has a fine sense of humor. :) seriously, fancy cars are overrated, although one of my boys would be horrified to see I typed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I agree with your daughter. I have a little 5 year old Honda CRV that is perfect for me. It may not be new, but I could never climb in and out of a little sports car anyway! Thank you for the smile this morning.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! We are still driving our 2003 Taurus! I have no need for a fancy car! I would have to park at the clear end of the WalMart parking lot! LOL 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me chuckle. :) Our Honda van is 12 years old!! Maybe we will get to experience this soon!! LOL!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.