Thursday, October 1, 2015

Things That Annoy Me: Changing Languages in Books

   To all authors out there ..... for the love of all that's good and kind, please, please stop throwing words from another language into your books. I beg of you, please!

  I love reading. Curling up in my favorite nook with a good book, a snuggly blanket, and something to sip on is one of the best things in life.

  As I begin getting lost in a whole other world unaware of my surroundings I turn the page again and ... BOOM .... I'm hit with a sentence written in a foreign language. It's like being rudely hit on the head, or maybe a better way to describe it would be strolling along happily and tripping over something. It breaks me out of the pleasant flow I had been enjoying and it takes a few minutes to get my reading legs back again.

  So please, quit harshing my mellow. I don't have that much time to simply read for pleasure, and when I do I don't want that pleasure interrupted because you added a language the majority of your intended readers can't even understand.
  

2 comments:

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.