Monday, October 5, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/p/httpthesimplewoman.html
For Today...  Monday, October 5th

Outside my window... there is a gorgeous sunrise turning the sky lovely shades of pink.

I am thinking...  that it is nice seeing the sun again after all the rain and fog we have been having.

I am thankful... that the roadwork that has been going on by our house finally seems to be done.

I am wearing... a purple paisley top, and my favorite pair of jeans.
 
I am creating... a bag for my laptop so I can take it with me a little easier when I leave the house.

I am going... to the post office later. I sold a few things on ebay that I now need to ship.

I am wondering... how it is possible for teenage boys to have such a dreadful bedroom, when I had just cleaned it last week.

I am reading... my absolute favorite series of books for probably the twentieth time. I really don't think I'll ever get tired of them.
 
I am hoping... that we can open the drain in our basement without having to dig up pipes in the yard. Right now doing the laundry causes the basement to flood, and everything else water related makes water bubble up out of the drain. Things like washing the dishes, taking a shower, brushing your teeth, etc. etc. Not a fun problem to have. So far it always seeps away slowly, but it definitely needs to be taken care of.

I am learning... the history of our town. It's something we decided to research as part of our homeschool, and I've been enjoying learning right along with our children.

In my kitchen... it's Mexican night, tonight. I have some ground pork thawing for the quesadillas I'll be making.
 
A favorite quote for today... I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. ~ Anne Shirley

One of my favorite things... October. :)

10 comments:

  1. What is your favorite book series? I hope you get your drain thing worked out!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paisley! I don't think I've seen that anywhere on anything for a long time. Fun! What a great quote from Anne Shirley. I've missed her since my granddaughter grew out of those books. My daughter learned how to apologize like Anne did with all her drama. Curious to know your favorite book series and how you are making your laptop bag. Bit I love what it says on your sidebar for today's menu. That's my philosophy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost picture you from your comments this morning! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love October! I think it's my favorite month of the year. It's so full of promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm visiting from Peggy's. I'm Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my favorite quote this week too. I have a teenage grandson who lives here and his bedroom is the same. Except I NEVER clean it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love October its my favorite month and your qoute I love it ann shirley is probably one of my favorite book characters. Hope you have a wonderful week. Stopping by from the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your open ended thoughts.... especially the one about loving October- right there with ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing you are reading Anne of Green Gables, or is that too obvious? Hoping you sort out your basement/drain problems without any difficulty, what a nuisance. Have a good week,

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.