Friday, September 11, 2015

Roadwork

Roadwork is like a thorn in my side.

Yes, I realize it's necessary, and that the roads are better once it's done, but the process itself is about to drive me batty.

The road that goes by our house has needed to be repaired for the past five years already, and every year the potholes kept getting larger until it was getting to be rather interesting traveling on it. Somewhat like an obstacle course of sorts trying to dodge the worst places on the road.

After someone lost their bumper on their car after hitting one of the bumps in the road several different neighbors took it upon themselves to start calling the state an complaining about how hazardous it is trying to travel our road.

It must have paid off because the road crews arrived. We're happy that the road is getting fixed, but the speed at which they work ...... I really don't see how it would be possible to work any more slowly. And the noise, well, it's about to do me in.

The worst was when they were grinding off all the pavement from the bridge. The entire house was vibrating, I could feel my brain bouncing in my head, and my ears were popping. I wanted so badly to get out of the house, but it was raining and that meant I couldn't simply load up the children and head a few miles up the road to the park to get away from it, and I didn't want to barge in unannounced at some friends, so I simply suffered through it. By the time they were done I was sick.

They're paving this morning, and I'm looking forward to the day when they're done and we're left with a nice road. Maybe then I'll say all this aggravation was worth it.

6 comments:

  1. We recently had a major road paved near us, and it is so nice now. It is hard to put up with in the traffic. Those poor guys out there working in the hot sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for them having to stand out there in the hot sun, though if they'd work a little faster .......... :)

      Delete
  2. The process is terrible but the results will be well worth it. We had that done at our previous house and I thought I would be deaf before they finally finished. The it WAS nice to drive on a smooth road again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is just terrible! Plus, it seems with construction workers, that only one of them is working, while the rest of them just stand around! We had some workers come to re-shingle the roof earlier this year at the place we rent, and it was so loud, it was horrible! And, to boot, we were in bed, when they made all that racket! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be happy waking up early because of early bird roofers.

      Delete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.