Monday, August 31, 2015

Musical

Plink, plink, plink ...TWANG!

I cringe silently as the noise resumes. Plink, plink, plinkity, plink. Plink, plink, plink.

I'm almost breathing a sigh of relief when TWANG! and I cringe yet again

This is the life of a mother, encouraging her child to learn to play a new musical instrument.

 
 
Day by day, it gets a little better. The TWANGS are getting fewer, but no less jarring when ever they occur.

I really must love these little people, because there is no way I would sit through all this otherwise.

11 comments:

  1. I remember those days. Piano lessons. Trumpet lessons. Enjoy. The silence will be deafening when they're grown and away.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep reminding myself of that.

      Delete
  2. I had piano lessons starting in third grade, and I remember those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot cringe worthy for a child than the mother I'm sure :)

      Delete
  3. At least it isn't drums... Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am sure they will be happy they know how to play an instrument when they are older. I don't know how to play any instruments, and I wish I knew how to play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do love learning how to play. Our oldest daughter still wants to learn to play several more instruments.

      You could still learn how to play the piano. :)

      Delete
  5. If that's what you have your kiddo playing, you've definitely done something right on the music-encouraging side of life! That is not an everyday instrument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      They wanted to learn how to play the zither and hammered dulcimer. It's lovely when played correctly. :)

      Delete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.