It's summer and Bible school time. As a family we choose not to send our children to VBS and church camps. Doesn't mean we don't love God, it just means we don't see the need for our children to be put into uncertain situations without Mr. Pepper and I being present.
2. What's the last self-help or self-improvement book you read?
3. "Tolerance is a tremendous virtue, but the immediate neighbors of tolerance are apathy and weakness." (Sir James Goldsmith)
Agree or disagree? Discuss. With civility please, because I think we have a good thing going in our very diverse (in geography, age, religion, political persuasion, ethnicity, marital status, upbringing, and cooking abilities) neighborhood here on This Side of the Pond.
I agree. I think as a whole we need to be more tolerant of each other, and opposing views. That doesn't mean we have to simply accept everything, or change our morals and convictions, but there is never a need to spew hatred.
4. What is one of your most vivid memories of the kitchen from your childhood?
Cooking and baking with my mother. I loved it! She included me, and I think enjoyed my help with every meal she made as far back as I can remember.
5. How did/do your own children's summers compare with your summers as a child? If you're not a parent, answer as it relates to what you've observed about the current generation of children vs. your own childhood.
I spent a lot more time outdoors unsupervised. Our children enjoy being outdoors, but we don't allow them to roam the neighborhood like both Mr. Pepper and I used to do in our childhood. Times have changed so much, and we don't feel it's safe.
6. Tell us what body of water you would most like to be on or near today, and why?
At a beach somewhere. Preferably somewhere in the north.
7. Share a favorite song about water, or a favorite song with the word water in it's title, or a favorite song to listen to as you sit beside the water.
I Can Walk on Water by Basshunter. Maybe not my favorite water song, but I do like listening to it occasionally.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Taking evening walks on the different hiking trails in our area is pleasant this time of year. So many flowers blooming. I love seeing them.