Monday, May 4, 2015

Before and After

     One evening, not very long ago Mr. Pepper asked me if we still have a certain book, and if we do he'd like to read it again.
     "I think it's in the storage room," I said quite carefree. Since we have hundreds and hundreds of books, I offered to go get it for him.
      I traipsed up the stairs quite happily and opened the door to the storage room. At that moment my carefree happiness flew right out the window.
      For longer than I care to admit when ever something needed to go to the storage room I sent the children to put it in. Likewise if I needed something I sent them to retrieve it, so I was not prepared for the nightmare that greeted me as I opened the door.

      The past five days the girls and I have spent every afternoon cleaning and organizing, and it's once again the pleasant place I had in mind. I will be checking it every so often because there will not be a repeat of that mess again!

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the organizing. Isn't it amazing how things can get away from you when they are out of sight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a huge difference. Good job!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks much better. Like night and day!! Don't just love that content feeling when you finish a job out set out to do!! I know I do!!! God bless, and keep up the Great work!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it feel fantastic to organize a mess! ... kind of therapeutic in a way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.