Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/p/httpthesimplewoman.html


For Today... March, 17, 2015

Outside my window... It's still dark, but I can hear a few birds singing in the tree in front of the house.

I am thinking... I really need to scrub the basement floor. I've been pushing it off for a long time already.

I am thankful... that spring seems to be arriving. Even though I love winter, it is really nice to not have to deal with the dirt our coal furnace creates.

I am wearing... A comfortable maternity top even though I'm not pregnant, and my favorite pair of jeans. They have a dollop of silver nail polish on them, but that just gives them a bit more character.

I am creating... some lapbooks for our homeschool.

 
I am going... grocery shopping later this week.

I am wondering... if I want to get some duck breast when I go shopping. There's a special occasion coming up and my Orange Duck recipe seems to be begging to be used then.

I am reading... Anna's Crossing by Suzanne Woods Fisher. It's an Amish historical fiction of how they came to America on the ship Charming Nancy. For Amish fiction this book is different, and quite interesting.
 

I am hoping... we get our tax refund soon. I'm already looking at curricula for our next school year.

I am learning... to not set unrealistic goals for myself.

In my kitchen... I have some cream cheese softening to make a layered pudding later today.

A favorite quote for today... “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”   -Emerson

One of my favorite things... Watching the moon rise.
 

13 comments:

  1. Mrs. Pepper, thanks for sharing your thoughts this morning, I love your quote for the date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the quote. It's something I try to remind myself of frequently.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mrs. Pepper! I love the quote you shared today, it is very true ( and always seems so hard to do!) I also love watching the moon rise, we are out in the country down a long driveway from the rest of the street, and those nights when the moon is full are just beautiful. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love nights when the moon is full! So peaceful and pretty.

      Delete
  3. I love it, Mrs. Pepper! everyone loves sunrise and sunset...but you watch the moon rise. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something special about watching a full moon rise. Maybe because it doesn't happen nearly everyday. :)

      Delete
  4. Great moon rise picture!

    I also love that Emerson quote, although I think it seems to take a lifetime to know ourselves.

    Suzanne Woods Fisher is one of my favorites, but I haven't read that book yet. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you enjoy her latest book as much as I have.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am looking forward to my tax refund too. I am always looking forward to more money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More money is always nice, isn't it?! :)

      Delete
  6. My favorite shirt on the planet was one of my maternity shirts. I wore it for two years after having my son until it got too holey. I loved it because it looked fabulous on me, was so comfy, and actually made me feel good about my post-partum body which was pretty trashed after the HELLP Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” -Emerson

    Insightful and beautiful quote Mrs. Pepper! I will be sharing it with my daughter(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent quote by Emerson! I'd love to try some of that layered pudding, but I bet it's long gone by now!

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.