Thursday, January 1, 2015

Things that Annoy Me Thursday ~ Pinterest Comments

    Several years ago a friend introduced me to Pinterest. "It's a great way to organize all your favorite links," she told me.

    My list of things I had favorited was already quite long and with only titles it was easy to forget what I had or difficult to find what I was looking for. I gave it a try, and fell in love with it. Not only was I able to finally organize all my favorites in a pleasing and easy to use way, but I also found tons of other things, recipes, homeschool materials, crafts, DIY projects and a host of other things.

    I had/have my Pinterest account for me, and no other reason. I was not, am still not looking for followers on it. It is a happy place for me where I keep track of yummy recipes I want to try, things I want to print out for something extra for our homeschool, crochet patterns for my oldest daughter, household cleaning tips I want to remember, it's all there and more. Every pin selected because it meant something to me. I have had thousands upon thousands of repins, a ton of followers, which I don't mind as long as they only repin and follow, but when complete strangers start leaving comments on my pins and clutter up my boards, I find it annoying, and, well, those comments get deleted.

    Back when I started Pinterest I could only have three secret boards, so I have a lot of public boards. As soon as they changed that I created well over a hundred secret boards and most of my pinning gets done to those boards now.

    Maybe I'm not doing it right, but to me Pinterest feels much more private. If I want to have social interactions I'll head to Facebook, Twitter, or my blog where every comment is fun and welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pinterest account and have for a year or two. I've never been able to really figure it out. I don't know how to make boards or pin anything properly. I mainly just look at other peoples things but didn't even know you could comment. I am hopeless at anything computer. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.