Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Candy

     After we are done with our schoolwork for the day the girls and I have been enjoying creating quite a variety of Christmas candy and treats.

    Every year we try several new recipes while still making all of our favorites.

    On the list of candy that gets made every year is a surprisingly simple and delicious truffle. I'm not sure truffle is the correct name for them, but since that was what they were called in the recipe I used we have kept the name.


    I start by dumping an entire pack of Oreos into the food processer to reduce them to nice even crumbs, and then add an eight ounce package of softened cream cheese and mix it up.

    I refrigerate it for several hours and then using a teaspoon measure I scoop out bits of the Oreo mixture and form into little balls which I then dip into melted chocolate.

    I like using the mint filled Oreos, but any flavor will work. Delectable little treats that look a lot more difficult to make than what they are.

6 comments:

  1. Yummmmm!
    Going to try that for New Years!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Those look delicious. I think I'm going to try those.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so tasty! Wish I had seen them before today. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't try them anyway. You know, practice for next Christmas. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out pinterest and and saw many things I liked. I had to "join" and I am so weary of signing in and out of things.

    I like your truffle recipe, simple and sinfully delicious. Haven't tried it but I do know I've never met an Oreo I didn't like.

    We used to make Bon Bons for Christmas gifts...powdered sugar, vanilla, butter and milk, I think, with pecan or coconut surprises.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Awww, you just made my day! Thank-you for taking the time to comment.